Click the icon next to the review to see it live on Yelp.
“I’ve been using Steven for all of my catering events throughout the last several years for several reasons.
1) I can always count on a stellar execution. Steve is an extremely talented chef that delivers every single time. You would think that after a couple of years, I would have seen it all but the truth is Steven is constantly innovating and creating new flavors and flairs to match my desired style or theme (unless I’m requesting my favorites which I never get sick of and never disappoint!) The food is ALWAYS a smash hit – out the park success – and as a result, many of my family members have come to use SMP as well!
2) Pricing – I have been to many events and hosted many events and the best part about SMP is how flexible they are. They are always able to work with my budget and yet the food never suffers. It really is a win-win.
3) Service – Valerie is the BEST. What a gem. She has always been so patient and fun, she helps me brainstorm about event details, menu and rentals etc. She is professional and courteous and truly makes the whole experience stress free! I really love working with her!
4) All of the add-ons. When I gave birth I was overwhelmed, not feeling well and just plain TIRED. SMP set up a weekly meal plan and delivery for me so I could spend time with my new baby and not worrying about cooking. They kept my husband and I fed and helped me jump start my way back into shape!
Can’t say enough about these guys. I would recommend them without hesitation. If you are looking for really great food, really great prices and really great, down to earth people – you can stop searching through Yelp now 😉
– Nicole and Thomas Rosengren.”
Woodland Hills, CA
“Oh my lord, Steve and Valerie are FABULOUS! They catered my wedding of 120 hungry friends and relatives, and their menu went above and beyond my expectations. I’m gluten free and my husband is, well, not, so we were looking for delicious, healthy food we could both eat and enjoy on our big day. The result was spectacular – seriously, I have dreams about the steak with cherries and grilled rosemary chicken they made for the main course and even my strictly meat and potatoes husband could not resist the grilled vegetables and fresh salad. The appetizers were INCREDIBLE: vegetable crostini, something delicious with ahi, homemade gluten free crackers with cheese and fruit, and then a whole separate plate of special appetizers just for the bride and groom. The buffet was beautiful and elegant; we told them we wanted Anthropologie style and they just ran with it. They even helped us pick out dishes and flatware, and gave us invaluable help finding a vendor for our tables and chairs as well as the serving dishes and outside kitchen equipment. Hands down, the best money I spent on my wedding. Worth every dime. I would use them again without reservation.”
“Steven Marshall Productions is a hassle free, extremely reliable caterer for all of your events. If your friends are anything like mine they will be complimenting you on the food long after the event is over. I decided on SMP when I called around to get quotes for my event and I found Valerie to be so easy to work with that my search simply ended with her. Then her husband Steven pulled off a terrific spread keeping within my budget. All I can say is, “thank you – thank you – thank you” to SMP, you guys have a new life long customer. This is one power couple worth hiring.”
“I have been meaning to write a review for some time now. Recently I went to a party that SMP catered and it reminded me that I need to finally write them a review! A few of my best friends chipped in and bought a month worth of food from SMP’s personal chef meal delivery service. I recently had my second baby and due to complications it was a very hard first month. Not only did I have the convenience of having all my meals taken care of for me it also helped me lose my baby weight and some! They customize the meal plan for the individual so I was able to have foods I liked and avoided the foods I dislike (brussel sprouts no thanks). My meal plan was structured around the calorie count I needed for breastfeeding and to lose weight in a healthy way. Valerie was so nice and I always felt so comfortable talking to her. She even gave me some complimentary lactation cookies that were very tasty. I ended up continuing to use their services for lunches and dinners 5x/week. It’s so convenient to have them deliver straight to my house!”
“Had the pleasure of enjoying their cuisine at a friend’s party (they catered both dinner & dessert). It was unreal how good it was. The bbq pork in the sliders was so tender, sweet & spicy it just melted in your mouth. It was so delicious the tray had to be refilled twice – not bad for a modest amount of people. I’m not ashamed to say I had seconds (okay maybe thirds) & I’m pretty sure boyfriend went back for fourths.
This was topped off by insanely good cupcakes; chocolate ganache with buttercream & red velvet with marshmallow cream. These guys did such an amazing job my boyfriend & I have booked them for a big party next year. Their prices are just great & Steve & Valerie are easy & fun to work with. Steve is also extremely creative, coming up with fresh & interesting dishes that avoid the boring standard. I trust his taste enough to let him have free reign. I’m really excited about our event now & can’t wait to taste what they come up with!”
Los Angeles, CA